thubby

The experience of one woman climbing out of the food gutter.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back to School

There's something about September that feels like getting one's nose back to the grindstone. Given that i have no intention to get my PhD, i'm not going back to school, but i do feel like summer's over and it's time to get back to work.

The good news is that i haven't completely blown it and buried myself in a pile of binge foods. I had a great summer, with some great time spent at the cottage, in the lake and in the woods of Michigan. There's something very invigorating about spending time outdoors. I got lots of exercise and, without sounding too flaky, spiritual renewal. While my weight didn't climb, neither did it drop and i'm feeling enough strength and motivation to start working on that again.

The thing is that i've been lazy. I haven't wanted to count every calorie, carb and fat gram and the consequence of that is slippage. I can lie to myself as much as the next girl, and when i'm not tracking all that stuff it usually mean that my meals are getting sloppy (big, fatty, carby, whatever...).

So here, i re-commit to myself.
1. I'm going to step up my workouts. 4-5 per week, and no more of this 30 minutes of cardio and then leave quickly.
2. I will track my food daily on FitDay.
3. I will be optimistic about my chances of success

Funny thing is it's probably number three that will be the hardest of those. It's so hard to hope. I let myself down more than anyone, so it's hard to summon the strength and optimism to have hope that i can achieve my goals. The first step, is writing it down (check). The second is committing to it (check) and the third is practicing. Here i go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home