thubby

The experience of one woman climbing out of the food gutter.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hungry

Life has been busy lately, and i have been eating out way too much. Nothing messes with my foodplan like eating out. Yikes. I find it hard to get enough veggies in, unless i order a meal-size salad. But then i get hungry, and feel a little ripped off. Also, i would never buy white flour bread or pasta, but when they serve it up to me in a restaurant, i happily devour it. Have i learned nothing?

I'm staying on track, sort of, by continuing to get to the gym and getting right back on the foodplan when i eat something i feel like i shouldn't, but it's a downhill snowball, i tell you. I eat a piece of celebratory cake for my partner's birthday, and then i want ice cream. The next day i find myself trying to work a chocolate bar into the foodplan. I'm not ready to abstain completely from sugar (as many OAs do) but the fact that i try to keep it reasonable, while still being a self-declared food addict means there's a lot of internalized negotiation. Should i, shouldn't i, how much etc etc etc...It's utterly crazymaking.

I've also noticed that since losing the four pounds i gained in the first couple of months this year, i have this "i've been good and deserve a little reward" attitude going on. That's the attitude that will have me back up over the 300# mark in a heartbeat, if i'm not careful. By way of this post, i'm reminding myself that my priority is three healthy, moderate meals and two optional snack per day. Chocolate donuts cannot be part of the regular foodplan of someone who wants to reach a more healthy body weight. My other key priority is the regulation of a healthy blood sugar level, and that's tough to do while partaking of white flour/sugary foods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home