thubby

The experience of one woman climbing out of the food gutter.

Friday, January 06, 2006

The Bright Side

The scale today said 269 again. This plateau seems to be in a strong holding pattern (a month now) but considering i just got through the High Holidays for overeaters, i'm counting myself lucky and grateful.

There are also some other random things i'm noticing that make me feel pretty good. My favorite is that the 'normal' sized towels they have at the gym are almost completely wrapping around my circumference- i can tuck it around my chest, but there's about a two inch gap at my hips. I think back to when i joined the Y how the towels seemed utterly tiny, and usually i just wrapped one around my head and maybe put one over my shoulders, 'cuz it was not going to wrap around anything on me... I'm getting there, the trick is not to give up.

I'm also wearing my new size 22 jeans, which have a little stretch to them (thank goddess for lycra!) with a size 24 blazer. The blazer 'just' fit when i bought it (it was supposed to be form fitting...as form fitting as a big girl would want it to be), but sort of pulled apart when i sat down. Now it's loose everywhere and sort of falling off my shoulders and it's not going to be long before it won't look good.

I want to keep reminding myself about the good, non-scale stuff because typically when i start getting frustrated about lack of movement in the numbers, it drives me headfirst into a carb binge. And i want to keep wearing these jeans, so i'm looking for new ways to handle old feelings. Today, it's working for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home