thubby

The experience of one woman climbing out of the food gutter.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Persistence Rocks

Today's weight: 248

Wow. Long time no post. I was determined not to until i had broken through the plateau of the 250s. I'm frustrated that it has taken this long, but not surprised. I don't lose weight at a normal rate. Of course, there was a 3 pound backslide at christmas, and then there were the three weeks in February that i worked out 5-6 days a week, AND ate between 1200 and 1500 calories a day and my weight didn't budge an ounce. Yeah, that sucked. But i'm so over the sound of my own whingeing that i was determined to just stay persistent, and keep on track, no matter how little i lost.

The thing for me is that it's almost like the universe is daring me to give up and go back to being the old binge eating couch potato. While i miss expending minimal calories, while ingesting obscene amounts of food, i don't miss the anxiety that for me came with weighing well over 300 pounds. I couldn't fit in many public seats, i couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without breaking a sweat and i couldn't imagine ever breaking the cycle. I figure, now that i have broken it, i can make a choice to stick with the healthy living or i can choose death, because certainly that's what i was doing to myself- slow suicide.

So, i finally broke the 250s. I'll try not to wait until i hit the 240s to post again, because god knows how long that will take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home